Air conditioning systems
Getting the right type of air conditioning for your home will ensure you pay fewer bills and enjoy better surroundings for a long time to come. There are various types of air conditioners which have different merits and demerits, they are;
Split system air conditioners
Split system air conditioners are considered to be among the best. The components are split so that one component is outdoors and another is indoors.
Why choose split system air conditioner?
- They are energy efficient: They cool your house without using up as much electricity as other types of air conditioning. If you have solar power, it can also be used and this leads to lower bills for you. When using a split system air conditioner, you are able to heat or cool specific rooms as well.
- Cost effective: Though split system air conditioners can be considered expensive, they demand very little modifying of your home to install. You don't have to pay for a lot of work as the installation can be done promptly.
- Split systems are also cheaper to maintain as dirty filters can be cleaned rather than replaced, unlike other types.
Ductless mini split systems
They almost work like mini split systems and can be used to cool spaces that are not being cooled. They are small in size and allow for rooms to be cooled individually.
Why choose ductless mini-split systems?
- Energy efficient: They do not consume a lot of power to cool a room compared to other systems. Their ace in the pack though is their ability to cool individual rooms. This allows for energy saving.
- Small: The components are small hence you get to save on space. They also look good.
Ductless mini split systems are easy and cheap to install as they require no ductwork. However, they are more expensive to buy.
Heat pumps move heat from one place to another using a compressor and a circulating mechanism. They can be fuelled by electricity or gas.
Why buy a heat pump?
- Energy efficient; Heat pumps cool or heat air using minimal energy. They also provide uniform cooling and heating throughout your house.
The problem with heat pumps is that they take a lot of work to install and they are very expensive.
Single unit systems
These have all the components packaged into a single central unit. Their main advantage is that they are efficient in circulating cool air hence improve the air quality in the house. Single unit systems are good for big spaces as opposed to ductless air conditioning systems. The main disadvantage of single unit systems is that they are expensive to install and consume more energy hence more bills.